Home Made Christmas Candy Recipie
This old country Christmas candy recipe is one of those recipes that has been passed down through many generations and brings a taste of a time when people did as much as they could with what they had on hand. The time I’m alluding to actually isn’t as far back as you might think. The time when this recipe was most likely created was during the 1930’s; a desolate time of true depression when there was truly no money to speak of. My father grew up during The Great Depression and says that if your family was a farming family, such as his family was, then you were the lucky ones who had food which came from the earth which the family farmed and gardened. This old country Christmas candy recipe is simply Potato Candy. I guarantee if you make this recipe and try the Potato Candy, you will love its taste and it will become a Christmas family staple!
- 1 small potato boiled until tender and mashed while hot
- 1 box of 10X sugar
- 1 small jar smooth peanut butter
- Combine the mashed potato and the box of 10X sugar working the mixture until it forms a dough.
- Roll the dough out to a square form.
- Spread the peanut butter on the dough.
- Roll the dough and peanut butter up into a tube form.
- Chill the rolled tube
- Slice the rolled tube into approximately 1/2 inch pieces
- Enjoy your potato candy!!