Thanksgiving Lunch Recipes
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Chapati served with Nyama na Irio (Steak and Irio)
Servings: 10 – 12
- 2 cups whole wheat pasty flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- About ¾ cup warm water, enough for kneading dough
- 16 oz. peas
- 16 oz. corn
- 8 – 10 oz. steak
- 5 – 6 pieces of potato
- ½ piece of onion
- 2 – 3 pieces of tomatoes
- Spices of your choice
- Knead dough, cover and leave for at least half an hour
- Make 10 – 12 ½ inch balls, dip each one into a bowl of dry flour, and roll out into thin 5 – 6 inch circles
- Place a flat and unoiled griddle on the stove at medium heat. When hot, place a rolled out chapatti on the griddle, move it around for even cooking.
- When bubbles are visible, turn over and cook until shades of brown appear on the side facing the griddle. Use tongs to avoid burning your fingers.
- Apply one tablespoon of oil and spread evenly. Turn it over to do the same on the other side. Cook both sides until evenly cooked
- Repeat the same for all 10 pieces.
- Preparing Nyama na Irio (Steak and Irio)
- Drain 16 oz. can of peas, 16 oz. can of corn. Peal some potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Cut steak into sizeable pieces and wash clean. Put the small pieces of steak into a pot and boil till all water evaporates
- Add some oil and mix. Cut the onions and tomatoes into small pieces and add.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes and add the small pieces of potatoes. Add spices of your choice, and some salt for taste.
- Mix and let it cook for 5 – 7 minutes. Add corn and peas and mix. Add some water, about 6 ounces and let it cook until potatoes are well cooked.
Serve with chapatis while hot.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.