Here is a complete wheatgrass Juice Recipe. Surely more than once you have heard about detox juices or fruit and vegetables. Those little bottles of healthy drinks that mix fruits and vegetables that catch our attention. However, they do not always contain the best ingredients since their percentage of added sugar is usually quite high. That is why today we tell you how you can prepare a natural wheatgrass juice with several recipes.
How to use grass to make wheatgrass juice?
To prepare the recipes that we are going to show you next, the main ingredient will be wheatgrass juice. And for this we have two options: use frozen wheatgrass juice, which we will only have to defrost the part that we are going to consume, or germinated wheatgrass.
In the latter case, we must cut a bunch of wheatgrasses and use a cool press extruder or manual juice extractor. In addition, this extractor can be used for other cereal, vegetable, or fruit sprouts.
If we don’t have a juicer and we keep wondering how to make wheatgrass juice, don’t worry. You can also use a mortar or blender. We must make sure we have enough wheatgrass but never fill it more than a quarter of its capacity.
Wheatgrass juice recipe with vegetables for breakfast
To start consuming fresh wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach, one option is to mix it with fruits that add a sweet touch to this drink. The recipe that we show you today, has pineapple and vegetables to complement the contribution of vitamin C.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 20 ml of wheatgrass juice
- Chopped pineapple
- 2 stalks of celery
Preparation time: 10 minutes
The first thing we should do is defrost the wheatgrass cubes. Although this recipe is designed for two people (or two servings for the same person) remember that the recommended dose is 30 milliliters a day.
Once we have the wheat juice ready, we must first pour the chopped pineapple and the vegetables into a blender. Ideally, it would be cold pressure, but if we do not have it, it will not be a major problem either. Once everything is blended, add the wheat juice and shake. This shot with wheatgrass and vegetable juice is ideal to take with our breakfast or before exercising as it will provide us with a large amount of energy thanks to chlorophyll.
Fresh wheatgrass juice in smoothie version
Another trend when consuming this type of product is to make it in smoothies so that it is a creamier and more refreshing result. It is an excellent way to take vegetable protein and add the benefits of wheat chlorophyll, especially in the summer months when we want more refreshing drinks.
Ingredients for one person:
- A cube of wheatgrass juice
- 1 cup with spinach leaves and kale
- Half frozen banana
- A quarter of an avocado
- 1 cup of orange juice
To make the wheatgrass smoothie with juice, we must blend all the ingredients until we make sure that there are no lumps. As a tip, we should start with the frozen banana and gradually add the spinach and avocado.
Once we have achieved a homogeneous texture, add the cup of orange juice. We can also add ice if we want an even colder result.
Oat Porridge with Wheat Grass
Another option to prepare wheat juice without the need for it to be in the form of juice is to add it to our oatmeal porridge to compliment our breakfast. To make this recipe, we will need:
Ingredients for 1 person
- 1 cube of wheatgrass juice
- 1 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons oat flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or liquid stevia (optional)
- Toppings like blueberries or chocolate of at least 85%
To prepare porridge with wheatgrass, we must mix the ingredients the night before. To do this, we will put the oats in a bowl or cup together with the chia seeds and cover them with the vegetable milk that we have chosen. If we prefer to make it with milk of animal origin, we can also take it that way.
Once we have mixed the oats and chia with the vegetable milk, we will also include the wheatgrass juice and stir again. If we do not have the wheat juice already made, we can use a manual juice extractor and separate the juice from the sprouted wheat fiber as mentioned above. For a sweeter result, we can add agave syrup or a few drops of liquid stevia. Once this is done, we can only cover and store it in the refrigerator. In the morning, we only have to add the topping that we have chosen and it would be ready to consume.
The medlar is a fruit with a slight acid touch, especially when it is green, but very sweet when it is ripe, and that is why it is an ideal ingredient to prepare a rich Medlar Smoothie.
The best thing about preparing it in the form of a smoothie is that we will facilitate its consumption since it is generally a fruit with little meat and a lot of bone.
If, in addition, we involve the smallest of the house in its preparation, we will be teaching them the importance of eating fruit and they will enjoy both preparing it and consuming it.
If you like this type of smoothie prepared with citrus ingredients, you cannot miss our Natural Orange Juice recipes.
How to make a medlar smoothie?
Making a smoothie with medlars is really simple, we just have to wait for the harvest time of this fruit, which occurs between the months of March, April, and May.
It is a fairly short season, so if we want to consume this rich fruit, we must take advantage of those months to do so and prepare jams to be able to consume them all year round.
Ideally, use ripe loquats, as these will be sweeter and generally less acidic. In this way we will not need to add any sweetener to our mix, getting a 100% natural, low calorie, and very healthy shake.
- 10 loquats (better if they are ripe)
- 250 ml of whole milk (you can also use vegetable milk *)
- Peppermint leaves for garnish
- 2 or 3 ice cubes.
* Try substituting cow’s milk for the vegetable milk that you like the most. This will add a touch of extra flavor and you can achieve different results. We recommend using coconut milk, with which you will get a more exotic flavor to your drink.
- Clean the medlars well with cold water, peel them, and remove the inner bone.
- Put them together with the milk in the jug of the blender and beat them for a few seconds so that everything is well mixed
- If you want to get a cold drink, add ice cubes to taste and beat again until it is completely crushed and well integrated into the mixture.
- Taste the result, and in case it is not sweet enough, you can always add a teaspoon of honey or your favorite sweetener to correct it.
- Serve in glasses and garnish with the mint leaves.
The medlar is a fruit native to China, which when ripe has a slightly acid sweet taste, which becomes more pronounced when it is green. These grow in clusters and have a color that varies from yellow to orange.
It is a very complete fruit, which gives us great benefits for our health. It is rich in multiple vitamins such as A, B, C and K, and minerals such as magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, and manganese.
It is low in calories, since it contains only 40 calories per 100 grams, making it ideal for people who are dieting or want to lose weight.
It is also rich in fiber, which helps us regulate our intestinal transit since we get satiated more easily, thus preventing us from snacking between meals.
When is the best time to consume them?
Medlar trees have a very short season, which lasts during the months of March, April, and May. During these months is when you have to take advantage of it to consume it. If you want to do it all year round, it is best to prepare jam when they are ripe, as it is a great way to preserve them.
Medlar names in other languages
This fruit has different names around the world, among them we would like to highlight the ones that are closest to Spanish.
- In English, it has the name of loquat or medlar.
- In German, his name is Mispel, which bears a greater resemblance to the one we use in Spanish.
- In French, it is called nèfle.
- In Portuguese, it has the same name as in English “ Medler ”.
If this fruit has another name in your country, we will be happy to add it to the list. Leave us a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are looking for a very refreshing drink that gives you the energy you need to face a tough day, then we recommend that you try our Mango Juice recipes.
They are a delicious way to start the morning with a nutritious breakfast that provides us with lots of vitamins and nutrients.
The main ingredient in this recipe is mango, which is a food rich in antioxidants, calcium, and vitamins A and C.
The consumption of this fruit is recommended to prevent and help against heart diseases, as it is considered a great food to take care of our skin and purify our body thanks to its diuretic properties.
Index [ Hide ]
- 1 How to make Mango Juice?
- 2 Mango and Orange Juice
- 2.1 Ingredients
- 2.2 Recipe
- 3 Mango and Pineapple Juice
- 3.1 Ingredients
- 3.2 Recipe
- 4 Mango and Banana Juice (or Banana)
- 4.1 Ingredients
- 4.2 Recipe
How to make Mango Juice?
Mango is a fruit that contains 84% water, and despite its sweet taste, it gives us very few calories.
For this reason, it is a highly recommended fruit for this type of recipe, since, thanks to its large amount of water and sweetness, we will not need to add other liquid ingredients to achieve a good texture in our juices.
In addition, since they contain so few calories they are ideal for people who want to lose weight and are on a diet to lose weight.
Mango and Orange Juice
Mango and orange are two fruits that always combine perfectly in any recipe, and that is why we are going to teach you how to prepare a Mango and Orange Juice that you are going to love.
Orange is a citrus fruit that contains a large amount of Vitamin C and antioxidants, and therefore perfectly complements the nutritional qualities of Mango.
If you want to learn how to prepare more recipes with this citrus fruit, don’t miss our Orange Juice recipe.
- 1 handle.
- 2 oranges
- 2 or 3 ice cubes *
* If you cut the mango into cubes and freeze it, you will not need to add ice to the mixture, and you will have a more concentrated and flavorful result.
- Peel the mango and cut it into medium pieces.
- Cut the oranges in half and squeeze their juice.
- Put the mango and orange juice in a blender and beat until everything is well blended.
- Now is the time to add the ice and beat again to achieve a fine and homogeneous texture.
- As the last step, pour the juice into glasses and enjoy this fantastic combination.
Mango and Pineapple Juice
Pineapple is a fruit well known for being a great diuretic power, which together with mango form an excellent combination loaded with vitamins (A, B, and C), antioxidants, and a lot of fiber.
This Mango and Pineapple Juice contains very few calories and, thanks to its large amount of fiber, it is an excellent filling food, so it will also help you lose weight if you are on a diet.
Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which helps us break down proteins when we digest.
In addition, it is also rich in minerals such as Manganese, magnesium, iodine, iron, zinc, and potassium, which are excellent antioxidants.
- 1 handle.
- 3 slices of pineapple
- 2 ice cubes.
- Peel the pineapple and cut 3 finger thick slices and cut into quarters.
- Peel the mango well and cut it into medium pieces. (They do not need to be regular, since you will grind them in the blender)
- Put both the pineapple and the mango in a blender (you can also use a hand mixer ), and beat well until everything is crushed.
- Then, optionally, you can add ice, so that you have a fresher juice. Beat again until well blended and smooth and fine.
- Finally, it is time to serve the juice in glasses and taste it very cool.
Mango and Banana Juice
The recipe for Mango and Banana Juice that we propose below will serve as breakfast or as a perfect snack to satisfy hunger.
In addition, it will provide us with a high amount of water, avoiding the intake of unnecessary fat and calories.
This juice is a great fusion of flavors since by incorporating lime as one of the main ingredients we achieve a surprising mixture that will not leave anyone indifferent.
In addition, it is a fruit that is not used much or taken into account in our recipes, but that has excellent properties and benefits.
Lime is a very nutritious fruit that, although it looks similar to lemon, has a slightly different flavor and with much less citric acid than this.
It is characterized by an irresistible aroma that favors the digestive process from the first moment we take it. This is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants; which makes it a star food for our low-fat diets.
- 2 mangoes
- 2 bananas
- Juice of 2 limes (we will also use their skin)
- 4 tablespoons or 40 grams of dried cranberries
- Peel and cut the mangoes into small pieces.
- Chop the bananas to add consistency to the smoothie in a natural and healthy way.
- Next, grate the skin or peel of the limes and squeeze the juice from these to give our juice a more exotic touch.
- Once you have all the ingredients cut and ready, add them to the mixer or Smoothie Maker and beat until you get a homogeneous and smooth texture.
- When all the fruits we need for our smoothie have been mixed, add the natural yogurt and the three tablespoons of dried cranberries (approximately 30 gr) (also reserve a tablespoon to decorate our recipe at the end).
- Mix all the ingredients for about 30 seconds.
- Last but not least, pour the contents of the blender into some beautiful glasses or glasses, and… you are ready to enjoy! Enjoy your meal!
As you have seen, preparing a mango juice recipe is not difficult at all, since it is a generally sweet fruit with a lot of water. That is why it is an excellent base for almost any juice or beverage.
- Organic3 years ago
EatMyBananas.com Shares A Shocking Ingredient In One Of Their Local Dishes
- Food4 years ago
Food Web Creator (Maker)
- guide3 years ago
12 Super Fresh and Easy Summer Recipes
- Education2 years ago
What is an Induction Oven & How Does it Work?
- Germany-De3 years ago
Kürbissuppe – Rezept Cremig Geröstete
- Fruits3 years ago
Top 10 Fruits for Weight Loss
- Organic3 years ago
What is a healthy diet?
- Food3 years ago