How to Make a Scented Flower Pot Recipe Card Holder
These flower pot recipe card holders will add charm and a heavenly scent to a kitchen. I personalized my recipe card holder to say Pam’s kitchen. Instead of using the word kitchen, you could also use the word diner, breakfast nook or restaurant. Choose vanilla or a fruit scented potpourri for this project. These recipe card holders are the perfect gift for the cook in the family.
Personalized Flower Pot Recipe Card Holder
- Medium clay flower pot
- Paint brush
- Ivory acrylic paint
- Acrylic paint in an accent color
- Letter stencil
- Inexpensive silver fork
- Black Sharpie
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Floral foam
- Apple scented potpourri
- Place the flower pot on top of a covered work area. Paint both the inside and outside of the pot with ivory paint. Let dry. Pour a small amount of accent paint in an old dish. Lightly dab the end of the paint brush in the paint, then dab dots around the rim of the flower pot to add a pretty polka dot border to the pot. Let dry.
- With a pencil, stencil the name and phrase of your choice to the front of the flower pot. Fill in the stenciled words with the black Sharpie marker.
- Cut the floral foam to fit snug inside the flower pot. Put some glue on the inside bottom of the flower pot and on the bottom of the foam piece. Put the foam inside the flower pot and press down to make sure it attaches to the bottom of the pot.
- Push the end of the fork halfway down the center of the floral foam, pull out. Place some glue in the slot that was made with the end of the fork, then put some glue at the end of the fork. Stick the fork end first into the slot . The glue will help keep the fork in place.
- Glue the moss on top of the floral foam and around the fork. Make sure the moss is secure to the foam.
- Working a section at a time, place some glue on top of the moss, then sprinkle the potpourri on the glue. Repeat this around the moss until it is completely covered with potpourri. Place a recipe card weaved in between the top the fork.